Scholarships for Black Women
by sunshine on September 7, 2011
If you are on the lookout for college scholarships for black women then you have definitely come to the right place. Oftentimes due to racial issues, most black women think that no one will support their desire to pursue their education. However, that is certainly not the case. There are a lot of organizations and institutions that do offer grants and scholarships for black women. These institutions are one in making sure that our sisters from the African American communities are able to set academic goals for themselves and actually go after them.
What is amazing about these organizations is that they provide many options for school scholarships for black women! These are made available to black women students in general but even adults who wish to go back to school and further their education can take advantage of such. Private and public institutions know that having a certain degree tucked under your belt is essential in building a career so they made certain that people, regardless of skin colour or ethnicity, will benefit from their programs. Suffice it to say that these organizations are so generous that they are even giving away free scholarships to anyone who expresses their interest.
You Can Win $10,000 Worth of Free College Scholarships for Black Women
Indeed, if you are feeling fortunate and you want to get your hands on $10,000 worth of free college grants for black women then read further below to see how easy it is to win the pot:
- Your Free Scholarship – This site features free scholarship programs that are just right for black women wishing to go to college. In fact, even those who were enrolled at one point or another and had to stop can apply. All it takes is less than 1 minute to visit the site and accomplish the online registration form and you can be on your way to winning $10,000 worth of free scholarship!
- Scholarships for Moms – This program is perfect for African American mothers who want to go to college, pursue their education or basically pick up where they left off. It is tailor-made for moms who are trying to balance motherhood, being a wife and student all at the same time. If you are a mom who wishes to have more freedom when it comes to your family’s finances, it all starts here. Just fill out the simple registration form and you will be included in the next drawing for $10,000 worth of free scholarship. All that you can do for just 1 minute or even less!
- Scholarships for Working Adults – This is the much-awaited answer for the prayers of those who are already employed but want to go back to school. This free scholarship program allows black working women to go back to college for free! Visit the site to find out more about how you can get your hands on free scholarships for black women, fill out the short registration form which will not take more than 1 minute of your time, and you may be in line for the next drawing where you can win free scholarship worth $10,000!
Truly, winning $10,000 worth of scholarship is easy. Just take the time to visit the websites above to find out more about their programs. You may even complete all three registration forms to triple your winning possibilities.
Of course if you don’t end up fortunate but you really want to find an organization to help you with your endeavours, you will be happy to know that there are several groups willing to finance college grants for black women.
Institutions that Support Scholarships for Black Women
The reality is that oftentimes, those who are considered belonging to the “minority” are not given chances when it comes to education and employment. However, that should not be the case. Equality is something that we must all apply and adhere to and it’s heart-warming to note that there are many organizations out there that care enough to provide school grants for black women. Below are some those institutions:
- Jeannette Rankin Women’s Scholarship Fund – This organization believes that education is the only resource against poverty that is why every year it raises funds and awards scholarships to low-income women who are aged 35 years and older. It adheres to a Non Discrimination policy which ensures that financial awards are made available to all without regard to race, creed, religion, color, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, or physical disability.
- United Negro College Fund, Inc. – Knowing that nowadays the ticket to a well-paying career is a college diploma, this organization works hard in making sure that at least 60,000 students are able to attend college each year. It believes that the “mind is a terrible thing to waste” so they help black students from low and moderate income families to pay for college tuition, books, room and board through 400 scholarship and internship programs.
- National Association of Black Accountants, Inc. – This particular institution targets those who desire to land Accounting college scholarships for black women. It is amazing to note that through the combined efforts of NABA and other concerned groups, over 200,000 African Americans are now part of the field of accounting, over 5,000 of which went on to become Certified Public Accountants.
- Black Women In Sisterhood for Action – The scholarship programs offered through this association is targeted towards inner-city and financially deprived young black high school women who desperately want to attend colleges and universities. All aspiring ones need to meet three criteria to make them eligible for the scholarships for black women. These are: financial need, potential for academic growth and leadership, and hindsight about their career goals.
Benefits of Grants and Scholarships for Black Women
Black women and other ones from varying ethnicities which are oft considered “minor” have always been relegated to low-paying jobs for the simple reason that they were not given the chance to explore their academic potentials. But that has changed over time. Thanks to various groups, some of which were mentioned above, college grants for black women who wish to improve themselves were made available. These grants and scholarships have paved the way for these women to get some good education to build up a strong career for self and family. Education is very important. It can make dreams turn into reality. Hope is given life – the potential to escape one’s current lot in life and earn a decent living is made possible – all thanks to scholarships for black women.